Keeping a healthy level of insanity in the workplace
1. Page yourself over the intercom. (Dont disguise your voice)
2. Put decaf in the coffeemaker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has got over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask them if they want fries with that.
4. Send email to the rest of the company telling them what youre doing. For example "If anyone needs me, Ill be in the bathroom."
5. Put up mosquito netting around your cubicle.
6. While sitting at your desk, soak your fingers in "Palmolive."
7. "Hi-lite" your shoes. Tell people that you havent lost your shoes since you did this.
8. Put a chair facing a printer, sit there all day and tell people youre waiting for your document.
9. Arrive at a meeting late, say youre sorry, but you didnt have time for lunch, and youre going to be nibbling during the meeting. During the meeting eat five entire raw potatoes.
10. Insist that your e-mail address be "firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Make up nicknames for all your co-workers and refer to them only by these names. "Thats a good point, Sparky. "No Im sorry Im going to have to disagree with you there, Chachi."
12. Send email to yourself engaging yourself in an intelligent debate about the direction of one of your companys products. Forward the mail to a co-worker and ask her to settle the disagreement.
13. Suggest that beer be put in the soda machine.
14. Encourage your colleagues to join you in a little synchronized chair dancing.
15. Put your garbage can on your desk. Label it "IN."
16. Determine how many cups of coffee is "too many."
17. Develop an unnatural fear of staplers.
18. Decorate your office with pictures of Cindy Brady and Danny Partridge.Try to pass them off as your children.
19. For a relaxing break, get away from it all with a mask and snorkel in the fish tank. If no one notices, take out your snorkel and see how many you can catch in your mouth.
20. Send e-mail messages saying free pizza, free donuts etc... in the lunchroom, when people complain that there was none... Just lean back, pat your stomach, and say, "Oh youve got to be faster than that."
21. Find out where your boss shops and buy exactly the same outfits.Always wear them one day after your boss does.(This is especially effective if your boss is a different gender than you are.)
[Startpage] --- [guestbook] --- [sitemap] --- last change: 31-07-2003